Every Tandem applicant should be able to provide 2-3 professional references whom they have directly worked with. Ideally at least one of these will be a teammate, and another will be a former manager or client.
Thank the person for taking the time. Tell them this will take 15-30 minutes and ask if this is still a good time.
Introduce yourself and Tandem:wef
I'm a X at Tandem. We're a web development and strategy company in the Bay Area. We help transform complex workflows, outdated technology, and cumbersome processes into elegant web applications that solve big problem.
- What is your relationship to the candidate?
- How long have you worked with the candidate?
- What were some of the candidate’s responsibilities?
- What are some of the candidate’s strengths?
- What are some of the candidate’s weaknesses?
- If the candidate has weaknesses, do you believe the candidate can overcome with within the first 90 days and with training?
- Does the candidate have good listening and communication skills?
- Do you have experience with the candidate's development skills? AKA reviewed their code.
- If so, would you classify them as more of a front-end or back-end developer?
- What is the most difficult development task you've seen them complete?
- Did they take the lead in architecting solutions? Participate in that process?
- Why did the candidate leave the position?
- Was the candidate a valuable member of your company?
- Do you think the candidate is qualified for this job? Why or why not?
- Why should I hire this candidate?
- Would you work with the candidate again?